Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's a black & white world and clothes make the man!

Even though I wouldn't trade being gay for anythng in the world, sometimes I feel like such a tool when I get caught up in "all things gay". Take for example my reaction when I saw this in one of my periodicals.


















Well, my first reaction was, honey, I have to have it. So I grabbed my credit card and a couple of clicks later my order was confirmed. One for me and one for my boyfriend because you know, that's hot. A week or so later there was a note on my door to inform me that the USPS tried to deliver a package and I needed to sign for it and I was not there so I had to go to the post office to claim it.
I just assumed it was one of those FedEx envelopes from Capital One (the banking Nazi's) trying to sell me a mortgage and I was ready to throw the notice away and ignore the whole thing. Upon a closer look I noticed through the Physician-like chicken scratch of the postal agent, the sender's name appeared to be French (Postale if that appears French). So I started thinking, what would I be getting in the mail from someplace French? Then it hit me, the lace up Jockstraps I ordered were from a Canadian retailer.
Well, I was at the post office as soon as they opened the next morning, and they open at 4am. I got my parcel and hightailed it back to my luxury SUV with black leather interior. Of course I couldn't wait for the 10 minutes it would have taken me to get home and opened the package right there. And to my initial dismay, what did I find?
Black lace-up jock straps. How did this happen? I was so distracted by the visuals that I somehow screwed up the order and I ordered black instead of white. And don't get me wrong I don't dislike black in any way, I do own several other black jockstraps, I was just dissappointed because it wasn't what I was expecting.
As soon as I got home I started searching for another place to buy the white lace up jockstraps because I figured when it comes to lace-up jockstraps there is no law, as far as I know, that puts a limit on the number of lace-up jockstraps two good-looking, inshape, masculine, semi-hairy, well hung male lovers can own and walk around the house in.
A credit card and a couple of clicks later I had order confirmation. This time from and American retailer so hopefully I would avoid the whole post office thing. The next day I get an e-mail informing me that the items in my order are backordered and I am given a shipping date when they will be in-stock. Well weeks come and go and no white lace-up jockstraps appear at my door. I send an e-mail inquiry to customer service and get no response. So the next day, today, I call customer service. Someone named Nancy or Mary, I can't recall exactly, answered and she was very friendly and I gave her my order number. She said "oh yes the white lace-up jockstraps, they've been backordered from the supplier in Canada and I see they were shipped from the supplier so we should be getting them probably by Monday and we will get them out to you as soon as possible." I felt a bit of relief that I didn't screw up another order when she said "white" and I trusted that she was being honest when she told me I'd have my jockstraps soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.